ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2021
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING NOTICE CANCELLED
In view of the recent marked increase in the number of Covid-19 virus cases in Britain, especially in London, and after consulting members of the Society’s Committee, it has been decided that the AGM, currently scheduled to be held on 11 March 2020 should be replaced with a 'virtual' AGM. In doing so we have been particularly influenced by the fact that many members would need to travel to the meeting by public transport during the evening rush hour.
As government advice suggests that the outbreak of covid19 will persist for some time, please see below a note from the Secretary of the British-Croatian Society on a ‘virtual’ AGM.
I very much regret having to postpone the AGM but hope members will agree that this is the responsible course to take in present circumstances.
Nicholas Jarrold, Chair British-Croatian Society
Note from the Secretary of the British-Croatian Society
1. We give Notice of CANCELLATION of the physical Annual General Meeting at Conway Hall on 11 March 2020 at 1830 and replacement by a virtual AGM by email exchange. This is due to exceptional circumstances of Covid-19 virus and advice concerning greater risk to over 60s.
2. AGM papers are on the web pages.
3. Comments on the AGM Agenda should be emailed to the Secretary [email protected] to be received no later than Wednesday 25 March 2020.
4. Provided that there are no objections by that date the business of the AGM: Minutes, Accounts and Annual Report will be deemed agreed by the virtual Society AGM, and that the Committee Members named on the Agenda will be rolled forward for 2020 with new Committee members most welcome to put their names forward.
5. A confirmatory meeting will be held in due course when the Covid-19 virus situation has abated.